Are ants invading your home?
Ant Pest Control in Sacramento
Ants are the #1 year-round nuisance pest in Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, Loomis, and Rancho Cordova. Ants a very invasive and social insects by nature that swarm by the thousands in order to find sources of food and water inside home and business, or when they begin forming new colonies after an existing colony has reached it peak level of maturity. It’s important to know that Ant Queens can lay up to 800 eggs per day making it another reason why controlling ants is difficult and should be handled by a professional.
Types of Ants in Sacramento
Here in Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, and Rancho Cordova we have large variety of ant species. This is due to the perfect living conditions that our weather and terrain offers them. Some of the most common ants found and seen in homes include:
- Argentine Ants
- Pavement Ants
- Pharaoh Ants
- Carpenter Ants
- Odorous House Ants
- Thief Ants
- Fire Ants
This large variety of species creates a plethora of pest issues that require different techniques and products to properly control them year-round.
Signs of Ant Infestations
Year over year ants prove to be the largest pest issue for home and business owners in Sacramento, Loomis, Rocklin, Roseville, and Elk Grove. More then often you’ll notice heavy ant activity outdoors in the Spring and Summer near the foundation and yard areas. On the other hand in the colder season ants tend to be harder to spot, but the reason for this is because they seek shelter inside of homes and structures. Ants are notorious for creating new colonies in between wall voids, A/C and heater units, kitchen & appliances, bedrooms, bathrooms, cracks & crevices in older homes, and even under the foundation and driveway. Some easy tell tale signs of ant infestations include:
- Visible Ant trails outside and/or inside, typically seen around the foundation and kitchen areas.
- Piles of soil and dirt, these are nesting sites/ active colonies.
- Saw dust particles mean you may have a case of Carpenter Ants.
- Damaged wood structures.
How to Get Rid of Ants
The truth is that it is impossible to eradicate ants completely but we can control them and make sure they don’t find a way inside your home. It’s crucial to not let ants get out of control, here are a few recommendations and tips to help avoid having ant issues in the first place:
- Sealing up cracks & crevices on the foundation of your home, windows, and door frames.
- Storing food in air sealed & lock containers.
- Wiping down counters and other surfaces with cleaning products or vinegar/water to ensure that ants aren’t attracted to by spills and sugary substances.
- Sweeping and vacuuming the floor often will further help eliminate any food sources left behind that sometimes go unmissed.
- And lastly, a regular ant barrier foundation treatment will make a huge difference to deter ants from your home.
Contact Your Local Ant Control Pest Experts
Stop Ants in their tracks before they become a nuisance in your home or business, let your local Pointer Pest Control experts help you control them. With over 18 years of experience in the Greater Sacramento area, we’re your friendly and reliable ant pest experts.
Schedule your free ant inspection today (916) 892-0005. We offer a pest service that is 100% guaranteed to work and backed by our Pointer Promise warranty to ensure your complete satisfaction (free unlimited treatments in between).
Request Your Free Ant Inspection & Quote Today
Your Local Sacramento Pest Experts Are Standing By Ready To Help.
Complete The Form Below Or Call (916) 892-0005 To Schedule An Appointment For Immediate Assistance.
"*" indicates required fields