Bed Bug removal in Citrus HeightsAre bed bugs biting you?
Pointer Pest Control can extermiate the bed bugs in your home or business.
Bed Bug Pest Control in Citrus Heights
Bed Bugs are a parasitic pest in Sacramento and Citrus Heights area. These are one of the most serious pests for many home owners and commercial businesses. While bed bugs are known to also latch onto pets and smaller mammals, their primary and preferred food source is human blood. If you see any signs of bed bugs, contact a pest specialist immediately.
Once bed bugs latch onto a host, they can feed for 5-10 days. What makes them hard to eradicate is that after feeding they are capable of hiding and surviving for months to a year.
Trying home remedies will only prolong your bed bug issues by allowing them to continue to breed and spread. Note that female bed bugs can lay up to 500 eggs in a lifetime.
What are Bed Bugs and Where Do They Come From?
Bed bugs are a small reddish-brown parasitic insect, about ¼ inch (5mm) in length. They latch onto and feed on the blood of humans, which is their preferred host. They can also feed on the blood of pets. Bed bugs are usually nocturnal, though they may show themselves during the day.
The eggs of bed bugs are about 1mm long, with a translucent, almost transparent white color. Once hatched, it takes a bed bug one to two months to start reproducing and laying new eggs. Bed bug bites are often mistaken for mosquito bites.
Bed bugs can live in any part of the home including in carpets or cracks in wood, but prefer human nesting areas, like beds, couches, chairs, and furniture. How do bed bugs enter your home? Bud bugs are traveling bugs, and enter a home or business by hitching a ride on luggage, clothes, tote bags, or backpacks.
Once an infestation starts, bed bugs are very difficult to get rid of. If you suspect an infestation, contact the Pointer Pest Control team, immediately.
"*" indicates required fields
Types of Bed Bugs in Sacramento
In the Sacramento and Citrus Heights area, the Common Bed Bug (Cimex Lectularius) is the species you will encounter. This small insect is about 5mm in length at maturity, with a reddish-brown color. Bed bugs do not fly or jump, but they can crawl quickly to hiding spots. They are flat, oval shaped bugs that are sometimes mistaken for ticks or small cockroaches.
Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation
Since bed bugs tend to conceal their presence until they have spread to multiple rooms, most homeowners and businesses do not notice the signs of an infestation until it has progressed to a problematic state. These are typical signs of a bed bug infestation.
- Bug bites appearing at night. These will appear like clusters of small itchy red bumps typically on the arms, hands, and legs.
- Blood stains on sheets. Bed bugs feed on human blood. After feeding, they may be crushed by your body. You may find red or rust colored stain on your sheets and pillows. These are blood stains, and should not be ignored.
- Musty odor. Bed bug pheromone scents have been compared to the smell of berries, coriander, and cilantro. You will notice a strange smell that is out of the ordinary.
- Insect excrement. These tiny brown or black spots may be smeared on your sheets, pillows, or clothing.
- Translucent white eggs. These tiny white oval-shaped eggs may be hard to spot, but you can often find them near hiding areas or on various surfaces.
- Shed skin. Tiny bed bug exoskeletons can be found in around mattress seams, furniture, and other places bed bugs hide.
Bed Bug Inspection in Citrus Heights
Before a bed bug treatment, it is important to confirm that you have a bed bug infestation. There are pests that have similar infestation signs, and we want to make sure we are treating the correct pest.
During our inspection, we will look at all the places bed bugs may harbor and nest, and look for the signs of an infestation. We will also determine the severity of the infestation. This inspection will allow us to create the correct treatment plan that will help completely eradicate bed bugs from your home or business.
Bed Bug Treatment for Citrus Heights Homeowners
The most common treatments for bed bug extermination is a specialized insecticide treatment.
An insecticide treatment may only take 1-2 hours to administer but may require a few treatments to fully eradicate the bed bugs. A typical treatment plan is to use different types of insecticides to target the bed bug infestation.
- A fast-acting insecticide which kills bugs in human nesting areas, like mattresses and couches.
- Residual insecticide for inner cracks and crevices of surfaces humans touch, such as furniture crevices, or undersides of counters.
- Dust insecticide which settles on areas where humans rarely touch, and void areas, such as baseboards or behind electrical outlets.
In each treatment plan, our pest control specialists will give you thorough instructions on how to prepare the rooms for the visit, and what to expect.
Can a Bed Bug Infestation Survive the Extermination Treatments?
It is uncommon for bed bugs to survive an extermination process. In the most extreme infestations, it is possible there will be some bed bug activity after the treatment. If you see any signs of bed bug activity, notify our pest control team immediately, and we will take care of the situation. By checking normal activity areas, you will be able to see if there is further bed bug activity – this would happen right away after the treatment. In most cases, two treatments will 100% eradicate the infestation.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Bed Bugs are a serious, parasitic pest which home owners and business owners should never try to deal with on their own. Exterminating bed bugs requires a specialized pest treatment. It is important to implement the proper cleaning procedures to ensure neutralization afterwards. Here are a few helpful recommendations and tip to avoid having a bed bug infestation in the first place:
- Vacuum carpet and rugs in your home on a regular basis. Good sanitation can help deter an infestation.
- Wash bedding and blankets with a hot water cycle regularly. This is where most bed bugs hide.
- Inspect your mattress and seams regularly for signs of bed bugs, such as reddish brown stains and tiny shed exoskeletons.
- Use a protective cover for your mattress. This can help prevent your mattress from ever being affected.
- Immediately bag affected clothing, sheets, or other suspected contaminated items to contain spreading.
- Seal cracks, crevices, and door sweeps to help prevent bed bugs from entering and spreading.
- Reduce clutter in your home to prevent creating places for bed bugs to hide, nest, and thrive.
- Do not bring in second hand mattresses, furniture, and other items without properly inspecting them first.
- Avoid staying in noticeably dirty hotels, motels, or other overnight spaces. This is how bed bugs enter many homes.
- Lastly, a regular interior and exterior bed bug protection plan will prevent bed bug nymphs from ever hatching.
Service Areas for Bed Bug Extermination
We provide bed bug control, bed bug fumigation, treatment, and extermination for the following cities.
- Citrus Heights
- Elk Grove
- Fair Oaks
- Gold River
- Granite Bay
- Rancho Cordova
- Rio Linda
- West Sacramento
Contact Your Local Bed Bug Experts
If you suspect you have a bed bug infestation, or have seen bed bugs, don’t wait, don’t try and solve the problem on your own. Call the the experts at Pointer Pest Control. With over 18 years of pest control experience in the Greater Sacramento area, we know the exact methodologies for getting rid of bed bugs and exterminating them from your home.
Schedule your free bed bug inspection today (916) 892-0005. We offer a pest service that is 100% guaranteed to work and backed by our Pointer Promise warranty to ensure your complete satisfaction (free unlimited treatments in between).
Request Your Free Bed Bug Inspection & Quote Today
Your Local Citrus Heights Pest Experts Are Standing By Ready To Help.
Complete The Form Below Or Call (916) 892-0005 To Schedule An Appointment For Immediate Assistance.
"*" indicates required fields