Are bed bugs biting you? We can exterminate bed bugs from your home.
Bed Bug Pest Control in Sacramento
Bed Bugs are a terrifying blood sucking pest in Sacramento, Roseville, Elk Grove, Rocklin, and Loomis that become a serious nuisance for many home and business owners. While bed bugs are known to also latch onto pets and smaller mammals, their primary and preferred food source is human blood. Once latched onto their new host, they can feed for 5-10 days. What makes them hard to eradicate is that after feeding they are capable of hiding and surviving for months to a year. Trying home remedies will only prolong your bed bug issues by allowing them to continue to breed and spread. Note that female bed bugs can lay up to 500 eggs in a lifetime.
Types of Bed Bugs in Sacramento
Here in Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, and Elk Grove home and business owners sometimes are forced to deal with Bed Bugs. Even though in California we have only one type of bed bug, they are still a serious pest issue that requires immediate help for.
- Common Bed Bug (Cimex Lectularius)
Signs of Bed Bug Infestations
Unfortunately, bed bugs are a tiny pest that often go unnoticed until it is too late, and they have spread into multiple rooms. Due to this, home and business owners in Sacramento, Loomis, Rocklin, Roseville, and Elk Grove, will typically know they have bed bugs after experiencing bites at night and noticing tiny red blood stains on their bed sheets. These are some signs that you may have a bed bug infestation:
- Bites, they will appear like clusters of small itchy red bumps typically on the arms, hands, and legs.
- Blood Stained sheets, after feeding they are sometimes crushed by our bodies and you may find red or rust colored stain on your sheets and pillows.
- Musty odor, bed bug pheromone scents have been compared to the smell of berries, coriander, and cilantro.
- Excrement, these tiny brown or black spots may be smeared on your sheets, pillows, or clothing.
- Eggs, these tiny white ovals may be hard to spot but you can often find them near harborage areas and on various surfaces.
- Shedded Skin, tiny exoskeletons can be found in around mattress seams, furniture, and other sites.
How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Bed Bugs are not an easy to handle pest that home and business owners should try to deal with alone. Treating them requires a specialized pest treatment and implementing the proper cleaning procedures to ensure they are neutralized. Here are a few helpful recommendations and tip to avoid having a bed bug infestation in the first place:
- Vacuuming carpet and rugs in your home on a regular basis.
- Immediately bag clothing, sheets, or suspected affected items to contain spreading.
- Washing bedding and blankets with a hot water cycle.
- Inspect your mattress and seams regularly for signs of bed bugs such as reddish brown stains and tiny shedded skins.
- Using a protective cover for your mattress can prevent your mattress from ever being affected.
- Sealing cracks, crevices, and door sweeps will help prevent bed bugs from entering and spreading.
- Reduce clutter in your home to prevent creating harborage sites.
- Avoid bringing in second hand mattresses, furniture, and other items without properly inspecting them first.
- Avoid staying in noticeably dirty hotels, motels, or other overnight spaces.
- Lastly, a regular Bed Bug interior and exterior protection plan will prevent bed bug nymphs from ever hatching.
Contact Your Local Bed Bug Experts
If you spot bed bugs or suspect you might them, please don’t wait until they become a terrifying nuisance for your family. Let Pointer Pest Control help you eliminate them. With over 18 years of experience in the Greater Sacramento area, we are your friendly and reliable bed bug pest control experts.
Schedule your free bed bug inspection today (916) 892-0005. We offer a pest service that is 100% guaranteed to work and backed by our Pointer Promise warranty to ensure your complete satisfaction (free unlimited treatments in between).
Request Your Free Bed Bug Inspection & Quote Today
Your Local Sacramento Pest Experts Are Standing By Ready To Help.
Complete The Form Below Or Call (916) 892-0005 To Schedule An Appointment For Immediate Assistance.
"*" indicates required fields