Fair Oaks Cockroach Exterminator
Pointer Pest Control will eliminate roaches from your home or business.
Fair Oaks Cockroach Pest Control
There are few things more unsettling for a homeowner than finding out your home has a cockroach infestation. Cockroaches are a nasty, unsanitary pest, common to Fair Oaks and the Sacramento region. Roaches are especially dangerous for people with underlying health conditions, as they carry pathogens and bacteria, spreading diseases such as Cholera, Dysentery, Giardia, Leprosy, Tuberculosis, and Typhoid Fever. Roaches can also spread tapeworms, cause rashes, trigger allergies, and can accelerate asthma in children. After cockroaches feed, they damage your home by staining walls, floors, baseboards, and furniture with their contaminated excrement. It is important that you take action quickly when you see one roach, because it means there are more in hiding, and there is an infestation in progress.
Roaches often hide in damp, dark spaces whee they can breed undetected, such as in kitchen or bathroom cupboards, in cluttered garages, in attics, behind furniture, near pipes or water sources, or near trash receptacles.
Contact Fair Oaks Pest Control Experts
You’ll want to stop cockroaches before they become a waking nightmare in your home or business. Local extermination experts, Pointer Pest Control, can help you control them. With over 18 years of experience in the Greater Sacramento area, we have extensive experience in cockroach pest control and eliminating infestations.
Schedule your free cockroach inspection today (916) 892-0005. We offer a pest service that is 100% guaranteed to work and backed by our Pointer Promise warranty to ensure your complete satisfaction (free unlimited treatments in between). Our pest control methodologies are pet-friendly.
Get Cockroach Pest Control Help
Fill out the form to get pest control service from our Fair Oaks team, or call (916) 892-0005 to talk to our pest control specialists.
"*" indicates required fields
Types of Cockroaches in Fair Oaks
- German Cockroach. About half an inch long, usually colored brown or black. They usually live indoors in small cracks or hidden recesses. German cockroaches have two black stripes that run horizontally down their head.
- Oriental Cockroach. These large cockroaches are over an inch in length, and have a dark brown or black color. Known as “the waterbug of roaches”, these are particularly difficult to eliminate. The Oriental Cockroach like wet environments, such as near leaking pipes, under appliances, or under debris, leaves, or firewood.
- American Cockroach. The largest common cockroach in the US, the American cockroach can reach 1 ½ inches in length. This roach is brownish colored, and fits in tight spaces, cracks, and crevices. American cockroaches can fly and also run quickly. They nest in sewers and near water sources.
- Brown Banded Cockroach. This is a smaller cockroach, only about 5/8 of an inch long. The roach is named for two light bands on its abdomen. The brown banded cockroach is light tan or brown and can jump. The males of the species can fly. These roaches do not need as much moisture as the other species, meaning they can live in varied environments.
- Turkestan Cockroach. These reddish or light brown cockroaches live primarily outdoors, though they can come indoors when outdoor populations are at their peak. About an inch long, the Turkestan cockroach is a nuisance pest, especially for commercial properties, as they love to nest near trash receptacles, coming out to feed at night. The males can fly. Turkenstan roaches are sometimes confused for American cockroaches.
Signs of a Fair Oaks Roach Infestation
How do Roaches Enter Your Home?
If you see one roach, there are many more nearby. But how do they get into your Fair Oaks home in the first place?
Cockroaches are attracted to food sources and moisture. They can enter your home in a variety of ways.
Hitching a ride on contaminated furniture or clothing. If you pick up furniture or appliances from a garage sale, be sure to inspect the items for signs of roaches. It only takes a couple of roaches to begin an infestation. If you work in a facility where cockroaches may be present, be aware that cockroach eggs can come in your home on the soles of your shoes.
Roaches can come from neighboring homes or apartments. If you have a neighbor with a serious infestation, roaches can travel next door to your home. The same principle applies in apartments and townhomes. Your home can become infested from another nearby roach infestation.
Entering through cracks in windows and walls. Other pests can also enter your home from outdoors (such as rodents) through small openings in windows, walls or foundations. Be sure to inspect the exterior of your home regularly for possible entry points and seal any cracks and holes.
Sewers and drains can be an entryway. Roaches thrive in sewers, storm drains, and drainpipes. Have your drains cleaned regularly and use drain covers to prevent cockroaches from entering your home.
Pipes and vents can allow access. Holes in pipes and vents can allow roaches to enter your home. Seal any holes with caulk or fine mesh to prevent pests from entering your home.
How to Get Rid of Cockroaches
See What Customer Love About Our Service
Fair Oaks Pest Control Services
Request Your Free Cockroach Inspection & Quote Today
Your Local Fair Oaks Pest Experts Are Standing By Ready To Help.
Complete The Form Below Or Call (916) 892-0005 To Schedule An Appointment For Immediate Assistance.
"*" indicates required fields