Dealing with a cockroach infestation?
Cockroach Pest Control in Sacramento
Cockroaches are an unsanitary and dangerous common pest in Sacramento, Roseville, Elk Grove, Rocklin, and Loomis. Roaches cause damage and pose serious health risks to children and susceptible people. Cockroaches eat almost anything including meat, sugary foods, and starches to paper, leather, fabrics, and even decaying matter. After feeding and damaging items, they cause further damage to homes and businesses when they stain walls, floors, and other surfaces with their droppings/ excrement.
Due to filth and poor hygiene, cockroaches carry a variety of pathogens and bacteria. They are known to pass on diseases such as Cholera, Dysentery, Giardia, Leprosy, Typhoid Fever, and more. For some people they even cause rashes, trigger allergies, and carry allergens that can trigger and develop asthma in children.
Types of Cockroaches in Sacramento
Here in Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, and Elk Grove home and business owners deal with a number of different types of roaches. Some of the most common are:
- German Cockroaches
- Brown Banded Cockroaches
- American Cockroaches
- Oriental Cockroaches
- Turkestan Cockroaches
Signs of a Cockroach Infestation in Sacramento
Cockroaches are one of the most unsettling and unsanitary pests to deal with for home and business owners in Sacramento, Loomis, Rocklin, Roseville, and Elk Grove. Like several other pests, they are nocturnal insects and are mostly active at night. Their flat oval bodies allow them to hide in dark, damp, and tight spaces such as cracks and crevices, making it harder to eliminate them. Some of their favorite hiding spots are: cracks in walls or foundation, behind baseboards, cabinets, inside furniture, electronics, appliances, boxes, clutter, and even clothing. These are signs to look for if you suspect you have a cockroach infestation:
- Visible Roaches inside or outside of your property.
- Droppings/ Excrement, resembling coffee grounds. (they may be difficult to spot).
- Stain Marks, they will leave a smear/stain on walls and other surfaces.
- Unusual or musty odor may be present due to the pheromones in cockroach droppings .
- Eggs, finding egg capsules is a sure tell sign. Each capsule can hold over 30 nymphs.
- Shedded Skin, as they grow cockroaches shed their skin 5-8 times until becoming adults.
How to Get Rid of Cockroaches
Cockroaches are an alarming and nasty pest issue. Their size and nature make them more difficult to control. You’ll want to identify if you have a cockroach issue before they begin multiplying rapidly and take over your home . Here are a few helpful tips and recommendations to avoid having a cockroach infestation:
- Sealing cracks & crevices on the foundation and exterior of your home.
- Keeping surfaces & floors clean of food and sugary substances.
- Emptying indoor trash cans out daily.
- Storing food in sealed containers.
- Avoid bringing in used appliances, furniture, and clothing items into your home without properly inspecting them first.
- Avoid having standing water indoors and outdoors.
- Keeping your attic and crawlspaces well ventilated and dry.
- Lastly, a regular cockroach barrier & protection plan will prevent your home from experiencing a full-blow infestation.
Contact Your Local Cockroach Control Experts
You’ll want to stop cockroaches before they become a crawling nightmare in your home or business, let your local extermination experts, Pointer Pest Control, help you control them. With over 18 years of experience in the Greater Sacramento area, we’re your friendly and reliable cockroach pest control experts.
Schedule your free cockroach inspection today (916) 892-0005. We offer a pest service that is 100% guaranteed to work and backed by our Pointer Promise warranty to ensure your complete satisfaction (free unlimited treatments in between).
Request Your Free Cockroach Inspection & Quote Today
Your Local Sacramento Pest Experts Are Standing By Ready To Help.
Complete The Form Below Or Call (916) 892-0005 To Schedule An Appointment For Immediate Assistance.
"*" indicates required fields