Fleas and Ticks
Are fleas and ticks biting you or your pets?
Flea and Tick Pest Control in Sacramento
Fleas and Ticks are the Dracula of pests in Sacramento, Roseville, Elk Grove, Rocklin, and Loomis that are a threat to us humans, our pets, and livestock. Both of these pests are known to find and latch onto their hosts to feed on their blood, as this is their primary food source. Aside from wanting to feed on us and our four-legged friends, they care a plethora of diseases. Fleas carry and transmit diseases such as Cat-Scratch fever, Plague, Typhus and Parasitic Tapeworms that can affect both family members and pets. Ticks on the other hand carry and transmit Rocky Mountain Spotted fever, Lyme disease, Tularemia, and Tick Paralysis. It is clear both of these tiny hard to see pests can pose a great danger to families and our pets.
Types of Fleas and Ticks in Sacramento
Here in Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, and Elk Grove home and business owners deal with a number of different types of Fleas & Ticks. In fact, there are 300 flea species in the U.S. alone. While there are hundreds of species the most common in the Greater Sacramento area are:
- Cat Flea (Ignore this misleading name, they target both cats and dogs)
- Western Blacklegged Tick
- Brown Dog Tick
- Rocky Mountain Wood Tick
Signs of a Flea and Tick infestation in Sacramento
Ticks and Fleas are so small that they are sometimes hard to notice for home and business owners. They are typically found outdoors but make their way into homes by catching a ride on their new host. Fleas will hide and wait in tall grass, soil, and shaded areas for the opportunity to jump onto their host. Once inside they can hide and spread their eggs in rugs, carpet, fabric upholstered furniture, mattresses, and other warm areas. Fleas are commonly an issue indoors during the Winter season as most people turn on the heater for their homes and create a perfect breeding ground for them. Ticks are also found outdoors but instead of jumping they patiently wait on the tips of vegetation and hitch a ride as their new host passes. Other places were fleas & ticks are commonly found include: densely wooded areas, fields, dog parks, and walking trails. These are some signs that you may have a flea & tick infestation:
- Bites, they will appear like clusters of small red dots typically on the lower legs and feet.
- Visible jumping, while small fleas jumping is very distinctive.
- Flea Excrement “flea dirt”, small red-brown/black specks around your home or pet.
- Eggs, they may be hard to spot but you can often find them running your fingers through the carpet.
- Restless Pets, if your pets scratching more then normal or becomes fidgeting all of sudden, inspect them for fleas & ticks.
How to get rid of Fleas and Ticks
Fleas and Ticks are difficult pests to deal with due to their size and hiding expertise. Treating them requires proper cleaning procedures along with a specialized pest treatment to ensure they are all neutralized. If not treated correctly the first time you risk further spread and re-infestation. Here are a few helpful tips to avoid having a flea and tick infestation in your home:
- Vacuuming carpet and rugs in your home on a regular basis.
- Treating your pets with a year-round preventative product.
- Trimming overgrown vegetation and grass.
- Washing bedding and blankets often.
- Avoid bringing in used upholstered furniture into your home.
- Avoid attracting other flea & tick carrying pests such as rodents, squirrels, and birds.
- Lastly, a regular flea & tick interior and exterior protection plan will prevent your home from experiencing a full-blow infestation.
Contact your local Flea and Tick pest experts
Stop fleas and ticks before they become a nuisance for you and your pets, let your local Pointer Pest Control experts help you neutralize them. With over 18 years of experience in the Greater Sacramento area, we’re your friendly and reliable flea and tick pest experts.
Schedule your free flea and tick inspection today (916) 892-0005. We offer a pest service that is 100% guaranteed to work and backed by our Pointer Promise warranty to ensure your complete satisfaction (free unlimited treatments in between).
Request Your Free Flea and Tick Inspection & Quote Today
Your Local Sacramento Pest Experts Are Standing By Ready To Help.
Complete The Form Below Or Call (916) 892-0005 To Schedule An Appointment For Immediate Assistance.
"*" indicates required fields