Gopher and Mole
Are gophers and moles destroying your yard?
Gopher and Mole pest control in Sacramento
Gophers, moles, and voles are very destructive nuisance pests in Sacramento, Roseville, Rancho Cordova, Rocklin, and Folsom for home and business owners. Gophers and moles are special types of rodents that dig complex tunnel systems underground in order to find food and to evade predators such as Gopher Snakes and owls. Their constant digging can cause very expensive damage to landscapes, lawns, gardens, trees, and irrigation systems (sprinklers). One single gopher has the ability to dig and make over 200 dirt plugs (mounds) per year, leading to a completely destroyed yard if not handled quickly.
Types of Gophers and Moles in Sacramento
Here in Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, and Rancho Cordova home and business owners often deal with gophers & mole activity in their yards. These are a few of the common species in the greater Sacramento area:
- Northern Pocket Gopher
- Northern Broad-Foot Mole
Signs of Gopher and Mole infestations in Sacramento
Gopher and Mole activity is pretty easy to spot from the distinguishable and strange dirt mounds they create in yards across many neighborhoods in Sacramento, Folsom, Rocklin, Roseville, and Rancho Cordova. Here are some key signs to help you determine if you have a gopher and mole infestation:
- Strange dirt mounds popping up above ground in your yard.
- Damaged vegetation, gophers will often feast on your gardens and plants from underground starting from the roots-up.
- Damaged underground utility cables or pipes, gopher and mole tunnel systems can often cause severe damage to underground utilities.
- Visible holes on your lawn 2 – 4 inches in diameter.
How to get rid of Gophers and Moles
Gophers and Moles are difficult pest to handle on your own because they require special baiting and trapping methods by an experienced professional. While it is hard to catch gophers and moles yourself, you can try implementing some of these tips to reduce the chances of them wrecking havoc in your yard:
- Try using plants that repel gophers such as gopher spurge, crown imperials, lavender, rosemary, salvia, catmint, oleander, and marigolds.
- Use exclusion fencing under garden areas and lawn.
- Gopher baskets can be placed individually around plants that you want to protect.
- Ultrasonic repellents, may help deter gopher activity.
- Lastly, a monthly Gopher and Mole inspection and treatment plan is often the only way to control them year-round and avoiding expensive damage to your home and yard.
Contact your local Gopher and Mole pest experts
Schedule your free gopher and mole inspection today (916) 892-0005. We offer a pest service that is 100% guaranteed to work and backed by our Pointer Promise warranty to ensure your complete satisfaction (free unlimited treatments in between).
Request Your Free Gopher and Mole Inspection & Quote Today
Your Local Sacramento Pest Experts Are Standing By Ready To Help.
Complete The Form Below Or Call (916) 892-0005 To Schedule An Appointment For Immediate Assistance.
"*" indicates required fields