Rodent Control & Removal Granite Bay
We eliminate rodent infestations in your Granite Bay home or business.
Rodent Control in Granite Bay
Rodents are nuisance pest that destroy your home, spread disease, and infest homes and businesses in Placer County and Granite Bay. Every year rodents are responsible for building damage, even electrical fires. Rats and mice have very strong incisors that give them the ability to easily chew through most materials such as plywood, electrical wiring, plastic plumbing, and other materials used in home construction. Because of this, rodent proofing your home is important. Additionally, rats and mice contaminate surfaces and food when they leave their shed fur and droppings behind. Rodents are known to carry a variety of diseases and bacteria that are dangerous to the health of people with both strong and weak immune systems. Rats and mice are a pest that cannot be ignored, and must be dealt with for health reasons.
Professional Rat Exterminators
Our team has over twenty years experience in rodent control and rat extermination. If you need residential or commercial rodent control, our pest control experts will help you solve your rat problem. See the next section for signs of a rodent infestation.
"*" indicates required fields
Signs of a Rodent Infestation in Granite Bay CA
Rodent infestations may be initially difficult to detect, because rats and mice nest in dark quiet areas during the day, hidden from everyday sight. Rats and mice are nocturnal, looking for food and building nesting sites when you are asleep.
Typically, rodents nest in attics, inside walls, inside or under furniture, under building foundations, behind refrigerators or stoves, inside closets, or in outdoor buildings and sheds. Other outdoors places rodents may colonize are under decks, in crawl spaces, in woodpiles or bushes, or in overgrown vegetation.
There are unmistakable signs to look for to help you identify a rodent infestation. If you see any of these signs, you most likely already have a rodent infestation in your business or home. If you see any f these, call a rat exterminator promptly before the infestation becomes worse.
- Scratching or Scurrying Noises. Rodents make noise as the scurry in the attic, under floorboards, and inside walls. If you hear strange sounds, this could be a sign of a rat infestation.
- Gnaw Marks or Holes. Rodents gnaw on walls, wood, electrical wiring, and food packaging. They do this because their front incisors never stop growing. Gnaw marks are almost always an indication of rodents in the building.
- Rodent Droppings. If you see small rat droppings in cabinets and pantries, or in your attic, garage, along your fence line, this means rodents are making themselves at home.
- Runways or Scurrying Paths. Rodents will scurry along pathways such as walls, fence lines, foundations, and ledges. Rats and mice tend to run alongside walls, and can leave greasy stains from their fur.
- Strong Urine Odor. Rodent urine has a strong musky odor. Weird scents, especially in dark areas, can be a sign of rodent activity.
- Rodent Nests. Look for shredded materials like paper, cardboard, or fabric indoors or burrow holes in the ground outside.
- Unusual Pet Behavior. Your pet may act strange when they smell or hear rodents in the house. Listen to what your pets are telling you.
Mouse Extermination in Granite Bay
Mice can invade different types of commercial and residential buildings, including single family homes, condominiums, town homes, duplexes, and apartment buildings. They usually invade through openings in the home. Rats can squeeze through a hole the size of a quarter. Mice can fit through holes the size of a dime. Our rodent exterminators can eradicate rodents from your home using pet-safe and child-safe solutions. We also exterminate rats and mice from commercial properties, including: restaurants, grocery stores, warehouses, rental properties, food processing plants, schools, office space, and other commercial units.
Damage Caused by Rats in Granite Bay Homes
In addition to destroying walls, food, and furniture, they also gnaw on electrical wiring, which can cause an electrical fire. The National Fire Prevention Agency estimates as many as 3,300 house fires per year are caused by rodents short circuiting electrical wires.
Additionally, rats and mice spread diseases like hantavirus, leptospirosis, lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV), typhus, Tularemia and Salmonella. Rats and mice also contribute to indirect spread of diseases like Colorado tick fever, spotted fever, anaplasmosis, plague, and West Nile virus. These are usually spread via an intermediate host, when a flea, tick, or mosquito bites an infected rat and then transmits to humans. Rodent droppings can also spread diseases through contaminating food, personal items, and other surfaces your family comes in contact with.
Eco-Friendly Rodent Extermination in Granite Bay
Our rodent exterminators use only child-safe and pet-safe solutions to eliminate rats, mice, and rodents from your home or business. Our commitment to the safety of your family or patrons is our primary concern. Satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. That’s the Pointer Promise.
What Types of Rodents are in Granite Bay?
In the Placer County area, home and business owners deal with several types of rodents. Some of the most common rodents are:
- Norway Rat
- Roof Rat
- Field/ House Mice
Norway rats, also known as brown rats or sewer rats are a large burrowing rat that weighs about a pound at maturity. They have brown or brownish red fur, and long tails. Norway rats burrow and form nests about 100 feet from food sources, often in fields or under woodpiles or other clutter. They may also live in sewers in cities, or under the foundation of your home.
The Norway rat has about 6 litters per year, and usually have between 6 and 12 babies per litter. These rats leave large black droppings, about ½” to ¾” long. If you have a Norway rat infestation, you may notice gnaw marks around your home and property, or small food stockpiles or grease marks around their nesting areas.
To prevent a Norway Rat infestation, take the following steps:
- Seal any external opening with caulk or steel wool. These rats can get through very small openings.
- Clean up woodpiles on your property. Keep stacks of wood far away from your home.
- Seal your food in air-tight containers.
- Get rid of clutter outdoors, pick up any debris, eliminate yard waste. These can be used for nesting material or places to hide their burrow entrances.
- Fix leaky pipes and garden hose seals. Each Norway rat needs about one ounce of water per day. Eliminating water sources will make your property inhospitable to rats.
Roof rats are the other type of rat commonly found in California. Also known as black rats or ship rats, roof rats live above ground, and are known to nest within attics, roofs, in treetops, or closer to the ground in piles of wood or rubbish. They can also nest in the walls of your home, in cabinets, or in false ceilings. The roof rat is about 13 to 17 inches long, head to tail, and has a thin body with dark gray or black fur. These rats have a pointed nose, long tail, and large ears.
The roof rat leaves black droppings, about half an inch long, with pointed ends. You may see signs of gnawing if you have a roof rat infestation. They will eat anything, including electrical wires, paper, and cardboard. Roof rats weight about half a pound at maturity. They have new litters about every 2 to 3 months. These rats are notorious for carrying diseases, including bubonic plague, so these infestations are particularly serious.
How can you prevent an infestation of roof rats? These are steps you can take.
- Seal every hole on the external part of your home with silicone or caulk. Roof rats only need a hole the size of a quarter to enter your home. Plug any external opening with steel wool
- Store all food in air-tight sealable containers.
- Trim all bushes and vegetation around your property regularly.
- Cut tree branches away from your house. Roof rats can climb the trees and enter through the attic.
The most common type of mouse in the Sacramento area, the house mouse weighs about three-quarters of an ounce, and breeds extremely quickly. An adult female house mouse can give birth to six pups every three weeks. These mice have fur that is dusty gray to black, and they are about two to six inches long head to tail. They eat grains, meats, fish, and other food that is left unsealed. House mice nest in dark secluded areas of the home about ten to thirty feet from food sources.
What are signs of a mouse infestation?
- Small rod-shaped droppings with pointed ends
- Gnaw marks on food storage, walls, or wires
- Strong urine smell
- Small food stashes
- Seeing small rodents, either alive or dead
How to Get Rid of Rodents in Granite Bay
Rodents are a serious pest issue and can prove very difficult to control. It’s important to identify if you have a rodent issue before it gets out of control or serious damage is caused. Here are a few helpful tips to minimize your chances of dealing with a rodent infestation.
- Rodent Proofing: sealing and repairing entry points & screens on the exterior of your home.
- Installing door sweeps and weather stripping.
- Keeping the attic and crawlspaces well ventilated and dry.
- Cutting tree branches back away from the roof.
- Removing food sources such as pet food, fruit trees, vegetable gardens, and bird feeders.
- Decluttering the inside and outside of your home as much as possible.
- Frequently Inspecting common nesting and runway sites for signs of rodent activity.
- Lastly, a regular rodent inspection & protection plan will help deter and eliminate rodents from your home or business.
Why Choose Pointer Pest Control?
We know how annoying, dangerous, and destructive pests can be, especially when they begin interfering with daily life. We promise help you take control of your home or business and guarantee to solve all your pest issues by using an advanced and safe pest control treatment.
Our family-owned pest control business is built on quality, trust, and professionalism for our customers. Remember our work is promised and backed by our free-unlimited re-service warranty, that’s the Pointer Promise. If you’re looking for a pest control company and experts too also call family, get it touch with us today and we’ll give your home or business a free pest inspection and report.
Rodent Control Service Areas at Pointer Pest Control
We provide rat extermination and rodent control to the following areas in Sacramento County and Placer County.
- Citrus Heights
- Elk Grove
- Fair Oaks
- Gold River
- Granite Bay
- Rancho Cordova
- Rio Linda
- West Sacramento
Contact Your Local Rodent Control Experts
Stop rodents before they become an expensive nightmare in your home or business, let your local Pointer Pest Control experts help you control them. With over 18 years of experience in the Greater Sacramento area, we’re your friendly and reliable rodent pest experts.
Schedule your free rodent inspection today (916) 892-0005. We offer a pest service that is 100% guaranteed to work and backed by our Pointer Promise warranty to ensure your complete satisfaction (free unlimited treatments in between).
Request Your Free Rodent Inspection & Quote Today
Your Granite Bay Pest Control Experts Are Standing By Ready To Help.
Complete The Form Below Or Call (916) 892-0005 To Schedule An Appointment For Immediate Assistance.
"*" indicates required fields