Are silverfish crawling around your Sacramento home?
Silverfish Pest Control in Sacramento
Silverfish may look a bit scary but luckily, they are a harmless pest that most Sacramento, Roseville, Elk Grove, Rocklin, and Folsom home and business owners deal with year-round. While they pose no danger to humans or our pets, they are destructive little insects that are hard to manage. Silverfish love to eat almost anything making them one of the least picky guest eaters in your household. If you notice small holes in paper books, boxes, clothes, or yellow stains on surfaces, chances are you have a silverfish pest issue.
Types of Silverfish Sacramento
Here in Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, and Elk Grove home and business owners often find silverfish indoors. Here a few common silverfish species to look out for in your area:
- Urban Silverfish “common silverfish”
- Four-lined Silverfish
- Gray Silver fish
Signs of Silverfish Infestations in Sacramento
Silverfish may sometimes be difficult to spot for most home and business owners in Sacramento, Folsom, Rocklin, Roseville, and Elk Grove due to their nocturnal nature. During the day they hide in cracks & crevices and dark damp areas such as bathrooms, kitchens, attics, basements, and any other high moisture areas. During the night is when they are most active and come out in search of food. Here are a few signs to help you know if you are having a silverfish infestation:
- Feeding marks, these will looks like small holes on paper and cardboard materials.
- Yellow excrement stains, you may find these stains on walls, clothing, food packaging, books, and other personal items.
- Visible Silverfish, most times you will spot them at night crawling on surfaces, in higher traffic areas like in your kitchen and bathroom.
How to Get Rid of Silverfish
While silverfish do not pose a threat to humans or pets, they can be a nuisance when enough of them invade the inside of your home. Here are a some helpful tips to reduce your chances of dealing with silverfish inside your home:
- Sealing cracks & crevices on exterior of your home to avoid silverfish from finding entry points. Especially windows and door frames.
- Use plastic airtight containers instead of paper or carboard food packaging.
- Avoid storing old books and magazines in attic, garage, or basement areas.
- Using a dehumidifier, will help keep down the moisture levels in your home and reduce the likelihood of silverfish.
- Lastly, a regular silverfish interior and exterior barrier treatment plan will ensure these little guys never find their way into your home.
Contact Your Local Silverfish Control Experts
Schedule your free silverfish inspection today (916) 892-0005. We offer a pest service that is 100% guaranteed to work and backed by our Pointer Promise warranty to ensure your complete satisfaction (free unlimited treatments in between).
Request Your Free Silverfish Inspection & Quote Today
Your Local Sacramento Pest Experts Are Standing By Ready To Help.
Complete The Form Below Or Call (916) 892-0005 To Schedule An Appointment For Immediate Assistance.
"*" indicates required fields