Are Spiders taking over your Sacramento home?
Spider Pest Control in Sacramento
Spiders are scary common pest that lurk around homes and businesses in Sacramento, Roseville, Elk Grove, Rocklin, and Loomis. The biggest reason people are so terrified of these 8-legged Arachnids is because several of them are venomous. While not that harmful their venom does cause irritation, redness, and swelling. In rare cases they may cause fatal anaphylactic shock to people with high risk allergies.
Types of Spiders in Sacramento
In Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, and Elk Grove we have many spider species. Some of the most common spiders found and seen inside homes include:
- Black Widow Spiders
- Brown Widow Spiders
- Wolf Spiders
- Yellow Sac Spiders
- Cellar Spiders
- Orb Weaver Spiders
- Brown Recluse Spiders
Signs of Spider Infestations in Sacramento
It’s easy to know whether you have a spider infestation by the amount of webs and visible spiders around your home or business. On the outside we regularly run into spider webs on the porch, shrubs, trees, gardens, and decks. Many times you get that creepy spine chill when you sit on your outdoor patio furniture and realize you just sat in a spiders web. Other outside places you will find spider activity include under the eaves, tool sheds, garages, as well as window and door frames. On the inside spiders are excellent hide and seek masters. They are known to nest in attics, crawl spaces, wall voids, corners of rooms and windows, closets, boxes, cluttered spaces, under sinks, and any dark concealed areas. Here a few common signs that you have a spider infestation:
- Visible webs under the eaves, corners of walls, the foundation, and even patio furniture.
- Egg Sacs, these little wrapped balls of silk contain hundred of spiders each.
- Lots of flying insects attract spiders because they make a great food source for them.
- Visibly seeing spiders, where there is one spider, there’s hundreds more.
How to Get Rid of Spiders
Spiders are tricky pests to control due to their Arachnid bodies. Because they walk on the tips of their 8 legs, their body which has the largest surface area never makes contact with the products used to control them. This is one of the largest reasons why eliminating them is a difficult task that takes time. Use these tips to help stop spiders from entering and hanging around your home:
- Sealing up cracks & crevices on the foundation of your home, eaves, windows, and door frames.
- Limiting outdoor lighting were possible, Spiders nest near and hunt flying insects who normally are attracted to light sources.
- Minimizing harborage areas such as woodpiles and overgrown shrubs, bushes, and trees.
- Frequently removing webs and eggs sacs from visible areas.
- And lastly, a regular spider barrier eave and foundation treatment plan will make the ultimate difference in deterring them from your home.
Contact your Local Spider Control Experts
Don’t let dangerous Spiders lurk in your home or business, let your local Pointer Pest Control experts help you put them to rest. With over 18 years of experience in the Greater Sacramento area, we’re you friendly and reliable spider control professionals.
Schedule your free spider inspection today (916) 892-0005. We offer a pest service that is 100% guaranteed to work and backed by our Pointer Promise warranty to ensure your complete satisfaction (free unlimited treatments in between).
Request Your Free Spider Inspection & Quote Today
Your Local Sacramento Pest Experts Are Standing By Ready To Help.
Complete The Form Below Or Call (916) 892-0005 To Schedule An Appointment For Immediate Assistance.
"*" indicates required fields