Citrus Heights Cockroach Control
Pointer Pest Control will eliminate roaches from your home or business.
Cockroach Control in Citrus Heights
One of the most unsettling things a homeowner can discover is that they have a cockroach infestation. Cockroaches are an unsanitary pest, common to the Citrus Heights and Sacramento region. Roaches can cause damage to your health, especially children, elderly, immunocompromised, and people with underlying health issues. Cockroaches carry a variety of pathogens and bacteria. They are known to pass on diseases such as Cholera, Salmonella, Dysentery, Giardia, Tuberculosis, Leprosy, Typhoid Fever, and tapeworms. For some people they cause rashes, trigger allergies, and carry allergens that can trigger and develop asthma in children. After feeding, roaches damage your home by staining walls, floors, baseboards, and furniture with their contaminated excrement.
Citrus Heights Pest Control Specialists
You’ll want to stop cockroaches before they become a waking nightmare in your home or business, contact your local extermination experts, Pointer Pest Control. Out team has over 18 years of experience in the Greater Sacramento area. We have extensive experience as cockroach pest control experts.
Schedule your free cockroach inspection today (916) 892-0005. We offer a pest service that is 100% guaranteed to work and backed by our Pointer Promise warranty to ensure your complete satisfaction (free unlimited treatments in between).
According to the city of Citrus Heights, cockroaches have increased in number in the area in 2022, moving through damp, dark areas like storm drains and sewer systems in order to build colonies. If roaches have infested your home, eliminating them on your own may be difficult. Contact Pointer Pest Control for a custom plan for exterminating cockroaches in your home.
Get Cockroach Pest Control Help
Fill out the form to get pest control service from our Citrus Heights team, or call (916) 892-0005 to talk to our pest control specialists.
"*" indicates required fields
Types of Cockroaches in Citrus Heights
- German Cockroach. About half an inch long, usually colored brown or black. They usually live indoors in small cracks or hidden recesses. German cockroaches have two black stripes that run horizontally down their head.
- Oriental Cockroach. These large cockroaches are over an inch in length, and have a dark brown or black color. Known as “the waterbug of roaches”, these are particularly difficult to eliminate. The Oriental Cockroach like wet environments, such as near leaking pipes, under appliances, or under debris, leaves, or firewood.
- American Cockroach. The largest common cockroach in the US, the American cockroach can reach 1 ½ inches in length. This roach is brownish colored, and fits in tight spaces, cracks, and crevices. American cockroaches can fly and also run quickly. They nest in sewers and near water sources.
- Brown Banded Cockroach. This is a smaller cockroach, only about 5/8 of an inch long. The roach is named for two light bands on its abdomen. The brown banded cockroach is light tan or brown and can jump. The males of the species can fly. These roaches do not need as much moisture as the other species, meaning they can live in varied environments.
- Turkestan Cockroach. These reddish or light brown cockroaches live primarily outdoors, though they can come indoors when outdoor populations are at their peak. About an inch long, the Turkestan cockroach is a nuisance pest, especially for commercial properties, as they love to nest near trash receptacles, coming out to feed at night. The males can fly. Turkenstan roaches are sometimes confused for American cockroaches.
Signs of a Cockroach Infestation in Citrus Heights
- Visible Roaches. Inside or outside of your property.
- Droppings or Excrement. Resembling small dark spots near their hiding places.
- Stain Marks. They will leave a smear/stain on walls and other surfaces.
- Unusual or musty odor. Which is present due to the pheromones in cockroach droppings.
- Egg capsules. Finding egg capsules is a sure tell sign. Each capsule can hold over 30 nymphs.
- Shed Skin. As they grow, cockroaches shed their skin 5-8 times until becoming adults.
How do Roaches Enter Your Home?
How to Get Rid of Cockroaches
- Sealing cracks & crevices on the foundation and exterior of your home.
- Keeping surfaces & floors clean of food and sugary substances.
- Emptying indoor trash cans out daily. Do not leave food sources accessible for roaches to eat.
- Storing food in sealed containers. It doesn’t take a lot of food for roaches to thrive. Seal everything.
- Avoid bringing in used appliances, furniture, and clothing items into your home without properly inspecting them first.
- Avoid having standing water indoors and outdoors.
- Keeping your attic and crawlspaces well ventilated and dry.
- Lastly, a regular cockroach barrier & protection plan will prevent your home from experiencing a full-blow infestation.
See What Customer Love About Our Service
Citrus Heights Pest Control Services
Request Your Free Cockroach Inspection & Quote Today
Your Local Sacramento Pest Experts Are Standing By Ready To Help.
Complete The Form Below Or Call (916) 892-0005 To Schedule An Appointment For Immediate Assistance.
"*" indicates required fields