Wasp Pest Control in Sacramento
Wasps are a dangerous year-round stinging pest in Sacramento, Roseville, Elk Grove, Rocklin, and Folsom that can cause damage and are a health threat to home and business owners. Wasps are very territorial, which makes them act out aggressively whenever they feel threatened. Unlike honey bees, wasps have the ability to use their stinger multiple times on their victim. Wasps will typically attack in packs whenever an intruder gets close to their nest and their queen, or when they become disturbed and agitated while pollinating. This makes them even more dangerous and potentially deadly to family members and pets who are allergic to wasp stings. Please seek immediate medical attention if you or someone is stung by a wasp and begin experiencing symptoms of Anaphylactic shock.
Types of Wasps in Sacramento
Here in Sacramento, Roseville, Rocklin, and Elk Grove home and business owners sometimes are often chased around and stung by several different wasp species. Some of the common and aggressive wasps found nesting in homes and buildings include:
- Paper Wasps
- Yellow Jacket Wasps
- Mud Dauber Wasps
Signs of Wasp Infestations in Sacramento
It is pretty obvious when you have a wasp infestation with the constant buzzing and feeling of danger when you try to enjoy your outdoor areas. This is why most home and business owners in Sacramento, Folsom, Rocklin, Roseville, and Elk Grove, need a year-round pest service that includes wasps. Aside from wasps being a dangerous pest, they can also nest within and damage wall voids, attic spaces, crawl spaces, and a number of other small crevices within homes. Here are some signs to help you determine if you have a wasp infestation:
- Swarms of wasp around your property.
- Buzzing noises coming from eaves, roof, wall voids, trees, woodpiles, and underground burrows.
- Visible Nests, made of brown papery material, mud, or a burrow underground.
- Chewed wood around your home, wasps will strip wood fibers and use them to construct their nests (look for small holes/tunnels).
How to Get Rid of Wasps
Wasp are not a pest that home and business owners should try to handle on their own. Treating them requires proper training and safety procedures. Attempting to remove a wasp nest without professional help may result in a painful and dangerous outcome. Use the following helpful tips to minimize your chances of having to deal with wasps around your home:
- Sealing cracks & crevices on the exterior of your home to avoid them nesting inside wall voids and attic spaces.
- Removing or covering food sources, wasps love sugary drinks and are attracted to human foods such as meats.
- Sealing trash bins, wasps will often nest in large waste bins.
- Inspect common nesting sites often for wasp activity and new nests.
- Avoid strong perfume scents, wasps are attracted to scents that mimic food sources.
- Never swat or swing, the last thing you want is to seem like a bigger threat to wasps, they will sting in packs.
- Lastly, a regular wasp inspection and exterior treatment plan is highly recommended to ensure that your family never deals with an unfortunate wasp sting situation.
Contact Your Local Wasp Pest Control Experts
Schedule your free wasp inspection today (916) 892-0005. We offer a pest service that is 100% guaranteed to work and backed by our Pointer Promise warranty to ensure your complete satisfaction (free unlimited treatments in between).
Request Your Free Wasp Inspection & Quote Today
Your Local Sacramento Pest Experts Are Standing By Ready To Help.
Complete The Form Below Or Call (916) 892-0005 To Schedule An Appointment For Immediate Assistance.
"*" indicates required fields